STUDENT COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS:
Before applying, please view our current Covid-19 health and safety policy here.
Click here to complete this year’s summer service application. The Abigail Academy service hours program (Big Stars!) consist of high school and college community volunteers who earn service hours and gain hands on experience in a professional setting using their innate skills to serve, create, encourage, lead, and empower little girls in our scripture based programs.
Who is eligible? Freshman in high school through college age young ladies, seeking professional experience for service hours or course credit.
How do I apply? Click on the Red link below.
What do I need to apply?
- The on-line application *Red Link below
- Two letters of recommendation (someone who can tell us about your character and professional experience) *mail them to email@example.com
- Resume (include: school clubs, leadership roles, church involvement, children supervision, professional experience) *mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reliable summer transportation
- Experience leading groups of children
- A commitment to our team that you will adhere to our safety policies, team roles and responsibilities, and customer care policies
What dates are required?
- Community Set Up Day, May 8th from 10am-4pm
- Safety Training Day, May 15th 3 hours during 12pm-5pm
- End of Summer Leadership Team Award Ceremony, August 13th, 6-9pm
- 2-4 full weeks of summer camp, 8:15am-4:15pm Mon-Friday.
When would I be earning my service hours?
- Summer camp runs from June- August, dates are available on the Summer page of this website
- Each volunteer regardless of earning service hours or course credits will be required to lead during 2- 4 full weeks of summer camp sessions*call with questions
- Summer camp days are from 9am-3pm; our team arrives at 8:15am and stays until 4:15pm with the exception of Wednesdays and Fridays
- Wednesday’s we have team treat days and deep cleaning; we stay together until typically around 5pm. You can bring goodies to share in the leadership circle and during deep clean
- Friday’s we host camper’s family members for a camp showcase at 1pm and our team concludes with a leadership circle and preps for the next week of camp, typically departing about 4pm
Can I earn school credit?
- Yes, we encourage college or IB students to communicate this opportunity to your school counselor and leverage your scholastic opportunities
- Yes, we will provide proof of work to school instructors as needed
What happens after I apply?
- All students will be notified by April 12th if they have been accepted to the program for an interview.
- If you are not selected for the season, we encourage you to re-apply the following season or check back with us during the school year
What do I need for the interview?
- If you are selected for an interview, you must attend the entire interview day in an all navy outfit that you can easily move around in; this will be a hands on group interview.
- All students attending interview day will need a signed copy of our safety waiver, guardian signature if under 18*This will be emailed to you
What happens after the interview?
- All students selected to serve and lead with us this season will be notified by our leadership team and begin at the team safety training.
- During the training session, volunteers bring drivers lic. or personal identification, $10 to purchase The Abigail Academy uniform shirt ($10), and your calendar to verify the complete camp sessions that you are able to lead in order to gain school service hours and internship authorization.
School Year Community Service Opportunities / Friend’s Day:
Anyone can come serve with us on Wednesdays!
- Friend’s Days are Wednesdays from 1:30-6:30pm *Adults can come anytime, and students typically come from 3:30-5:30pm
- All ages welcome
- In our studio: 2110 Bardstown Road Louisville KY 40205
What to expect on Community Service/Friend’s Day:
- Fulfilling projects that help The Academy be ready for summer camp
- Moms groups during the day
- Student groups after school
- Bring your friends!
- *Must have safety waiver signed by your guardians if underage* Email us for this before coming
- *Virtual if inclement weather of national closings*messages us for Google Meets login info
APPLY HERE*MUST COMPLETE THIS TO APPLY FOR SUMMER CAMP BIG STAR/ SERVICE PROGRAM. Call 502-500-7071 if you have any questions.