COVID SCHOOL @ ABIGAIL ACADEMY
1. What is Abigail Academy providing at Covid School?
- Help to girls and families needing a place to go for NTI school day instruction.
- A reliable in person school day schedule from 8am-2pm Monday through Friday to a small group of 10 girls 5-13yrs.
- Syllabus review
- Maintaining records for each student’s login and password library
- Monitor students participation and attendance in on-line courses.
- Coordination of tutor schedule with any families wishing to use our private tutor classroom.
- Overseeing student lunch, recess, and homework time.
2. What can students expect at Abigail Academy Covid School?
- Access to staff for tech support and general help
- Small group socialization
- Morning routine
- Private workstation
- Sanitation center
3. What do parents do if they don’t know the school plans for the entire semester?
- Sign up for one month at a time, then re-evaluate. *(Remember that our space is filled based on first come, first serve basis.)
- We are rolling admissions, so if we do not hear that you’ll be making other arrangements by the 15th of the month, you’ll be secured for a spot in the following month.
4. Can my daughter stay at Covid School for a full day?
- Yes. Students attend Covid school from 8am-2pm Monday through Friday.
- Students may elect to sign up for any and or all days of Extended Day Care Monday through Thursday from 2-6pm.
- After School Art is available on Wednesdays.
- There is no programming after 2pm on Fridays.
5. May I hire a tutor to come to Covid School for special course assistance?
- Yes. Abigail Academy encourages each family to utilize our private tutor classroom for any subject that a student needs additional academic support to succeed.
- Abigail Academy Covid School is not focused on teaching your daughter her courses, rather providing her a focused space to engage her schools online teaching methods.
- Abigail Academy ask that your tutor of choice calls our office to check availability and schedule time in the tutor classroom. All payment for private tutors must be arranged outside of Abigail Academy and before any service is provided on our property. Safety waiver is required by all tutors.
6. What do students wear to Covid School?
- All students wear an Abigail Academy or white polo shirt, choice of bottoms. Navy or white warm tops of choice during the colder months.
7. What do students bring to Covid School?
- Each student is responsible for personal masks, extra clothes, hand sanitizer, and any preferred back up PPE. We require that our team and students adhere to current healthy at work orders. These are always available to view under the Covid section of our website.
- All school materials for daily studies, special projects, and school syllabus requirements; include labeled power cords, chargers, electronics compatible with your school NTI program, and headphones.
8. Can I get a refund if I sign up for Covid School and our school goes back to in person classes?
- You may register for one month at at a time.
- Once you secure your space, there will not be a refund.
- Enrollment is on a first come, first serve basis.
9. How is Covid School going to be safe and consistent for my daughter?
- Please review the “Healthy @ Work” policies.
10. How much is Covid School?
- $250 per week/$1,000 per month, 8am-2pm Monday through Friday
- $50 per day of Extended Day Care, 2-6pm Monday through Thursday
- $50 per day of After School Art, Wednesdays 2-6pm
- $20 per hour for any single hours added on Monday-Thursday between 2-6pm
“My daughter and I reached a new level of intimacy that strengthened our family as a whole.”
-Abigail Academy mom