Summer Healthy at work policy & procedures
We fall under the National category of Office Space, House of Worship, Special Events, and Childcare.
The Abigail Academy is a licensed and trademarked scripture based life skills center. Private Life Coaching produces our greatest revenue stream in our office, worship is an integral part of all services, and children are taken care of outside of the school calendar. We have been a small boutique privately owned business for 13 years and have served a very small niche market of Christian girls and families. Our services have included confidence and self-esteem programs, intimate cooking classes, birthday parties, holiday theme related camps, and summer camps.
This summer we are changing to a classroom model, with small classes of 5 instead of the typical camp model of large groups. Our average summer capacity is 30 students per week, and this summer we will reduce this to half, 15 students, in the small classes of 5 students.
Families have the choice to attend a 5 student in person class, or a virtual class, following along with those attending in person.
What are we doing about refunds and class transfers?
- We suggest any family interested in attending a summer class register and be placed on a waiting list. Availability is changing each day.
- We promised you that we would provide a refund if our state Governor mandated that a summer camp cannot happen due to COVID-19. We are providing alternative virtual and in person small classroom style options to avoid issuing refunds. We can do this because of our unique business categories and the very small size of our company cannot be compared to a YMCA, Parklands, and Hi-Ho program. The tuition money we collected in December has been used to help us maintain our team preparations for the summer. This all being said, if you need the money, we will honor our promise and provide this very unusual circumstance for a refund. You must request a refund at least two weeks before your session, or no refund will be given.
- We are transferring students as long as space is available to safely fit you into your preferred week of choice. We suggest you call asap if you’d like to do this.
- We are offering a virtual option for every week of summer class, regardless of the month, so we hope this helps families refrain from asking for refunds.
- Any student may select virtual on her camp registration form, and if she is already registered before this option was available, she may call us up until one week before her camp week and switch to virtual. If you switch to virtual, you must do this by 5pm on the Monday before your camp week so that we can provide you with a virtual supply bag the following week.
What if we are already registered for a week of classes?
- Go ahead and look forward to your week at Abigail Academy. Your spot is secure.
- Stay tuned for details to arrive the week before your classes begin.
- If you’re curious about any COVID-19 updates, check the COVID-19 tab as your instruction week nears.
- If you’re planning on switching from in person to virtual, or no longer interested in your space, please call us asap so your spot can be available to other families.
What if we want to register for a week of classes?
- Visit the summer page, select the life skill theme that you’re interested in, and check availability or register by clicking on registration.
- Please note that due to now being limited to class sizes, you must register as soon as you know your daughter would like to attend.
How will our in-person classes be safely set up?
- Groups of 5 will be implemented upon arrival until the end of the day.
- Students will stay with the same instructor for the duration of the day.
- Temperatures will be taken at morning carpool before entering facilities, and then on the hour with documentation.
- Hourly hand washing stations and lesson instruction space sanitized.
- Extra shirt is required in large zip lock bag for students to change mid-day for fresh clean start.
- Mask required by student to wear all day except for when outside.
- Families will be required to submit the nearest testing center to their home address. The closest center to us is Walmart – Jefferson Co. 2020 Bashford Manor Lane, Louisville, KY 40218.
- Furniture that is not being used for instruction has been removed for necessary social distancing.
- Lesson plans have been adjusted.
- Carpool ropes will keep students 6 feet apart upon entering and exiting the office.
- Daily outdoor instruction will occur.
- Windows will be open.
- Class spaces have been marked on the floor.
- Classrooms have been set up for groups of 5, plus instructor.
- Each classroom will have private supply and sanitary station, minimizing multi users.
- Class supplies will be cleaned at end of each class.
What will a day at in-person class look like?
- Per the governors suggested remote work within a workplace, we will virtually connect for morning and afternoon worship and group prayer time via Zoom. Students will come into our space in groups of 5 or smaller, where they will then go to their designated small group area. Students will stay with this group of 5 students all day. All students attending class in person must understand this from guardians prior to arriving to class.
- Our theme instructions will happen in the small groups, via the small group instructor designated to that group. One “all class” lead instructor will provide necessary tools and equipment to each small group.
- On the hour, students will rotate through our 3 hand washing stations to remain clean.
- Management will go through small group spaces on the hour, as students are in the hand washing stations, and clean surfaces of small groups.
- Students will eat snacks and lunch in outdoor space. Students will then be able to see other students from a distance but remain in their small group.
- During outdoor snacks and lunch, our team will facilitate skits, worship, and activities that cultivate an all-class unity.
What will a day in virtual class look like:
- Virtual class is for the family that prefers to have some connectivity and socialization from the comfort of their own home via secured Zoom links and passwords.
- Virtual class is set up like a conference, with mandatory class times, and optional breakout sessions of choice.
- We are asking that virtual students login for certain required points in the day to provide a little structure for those looking for a more relaxed involvement in class.
- For those looking to be in all parts of classes, virtually, they will be able to have a small group of their own with a private instructor for the day. They will do all the same activities that we offer in person, via Zoom.
- A parent tutorial will be offered with the virtual instructor and manager the week before each class session.
- All virtual students will pick up their class supplies on the Monday morning of their class week, 30 minutes before class begins. This will give them time to get home. They will have bags labeled “Monday”, “Tuesday”, “Wednesday”, “Thursday”, and “Friday”.
- Virtual classmates and their families will get to attend the end of summer all class in person party, if they so choose.
Is the in-person or virtual option a better fit?
- That depends! We are fully confident in our ability to create an in-person experience for your family that is safe, fun and enjoyable! However, we do know that not everybody feels comfortable sending their kids to a public class right now, and we understand that as well! This decision is ultimately up to your family’s comfort level and expectations of this summer.
When can our family submit a registration application for class?
- Now! Our staff and volunteers are eagerly awaiting the arrival of your daughters and nothing makes them happier than seeing the girls jumping out of the car for a fun day at class!
“My daughter and I reached a new level of intimacy that strengthened our family as a whole.”
-Abigail Academy mom